Monday 16 March 2015

How to make a Helena, the Stuffed Mouse Ballet Teacher

Last Sunday it was mothers day, as I'm sure everyone with a heart, or mother, knows. I mean, I forgive you if you don't actually have a mother, because that's pretty rough, but forgetting your mother on mothers day? Unacceptable. I am an unbelievably unorganised person, and yet I not only managed to do a breakfast (which was probably edible) but I also gave her flowers and this stuffed mouse. I reckon that pretty much exempts me from doing anything for the rest of the year, right?
                                            
Now, you may think that it's odd to give a grown woman a stuffed toy, but seriously, can you not see the appeal of a little stuffed mouse, full of character and wat not. No? Well, I can. So can my mum - she genuinly cried when I gave it to her (they were tears of joy, I think.)                  


Well, this is the pattern I made, which is pretty self explanatory. I just did it with hand sewing. Using white felt for the body, and gingam fabric for the inside of the ears. The leotard was a stretchy material, the skirt was a long piece of floral fabric, which I hemmed. The shoes are gingam fabric, and a hemp material, and they're a little more complicated, but not much.
That's my extremely proffesional design, by the way. Here's the pattern:

The shoes, which are just so adorable I want to die, are easily adapted from this tutorial :
http://www.purlbee.com/2011/12/06/mollys-sketchbook-felt-baby-shoes/


Aren't they just the cutest things?










Good luck, if you try to make something similar to this. Please post a picture or something if you do, and I'll let you guys know if I make any more of these little creatures, and soon I'll


5 comments:

  1. Hello, fancy meeting you here! I didn't know you had a blog, please bear with my peruse it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feel free to 'peruse' as long as you fancy to! Your blog was actually the reason I started blogging, so you're really the creator here! Now you are here, would you be interested in doing a guest post on each others blogs? Let me know xx

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. I would love to do a guest posts! Could you message me on some form of social media as it didn't let me know that you replied on here for some reason?

      Delete
    4. Great! Well, my email is bibliofille13@gmail.com , so we could talk through that? I don't really 'do' social media much.

      Delete