Thursday 26 March 2015

DIY Easter decorations

I love Christmas. Yes, I know it's over, and yes, I know it won't come around again for about a year. As there isn't another Christmas (when I'm in charge...) during the year I've had to learn to take festivities whenever I can get them. This means stretching easter to its fullest. I'm planning a huge eater hunt this year, so fingers crossed, but a certainty is decorations. Here are a few ideas, and I'll post what I ended up doing when I've done it.



  • Spray painted huge eggs


  • Amazing fake bird nests.


Handmade Spring Bird's Nest Craft


Tissue Paper Pom Poms in Shades of Pink
  • String balloon eggs, with little chicks inside.


http://www.bhg.com/holidays/easter/decorating/quick-and-easy-easter-decorations/?socsrc=bhgpin020613umbrellaflowers&page=10&crlt.pid=camp.KwizTg3e6Nyk#page=2

Easter Chick Display

  • Little framed pictures. I thought that I could maybe make a whole load of these, and then change them around with the seasons. That, or just let them sit abandoned and crushed at the bottom of my huge and untidy cupboard. Like my dreams.



Framed Paper Easter Bunnies
  • An easter tree. I see absolutely no reason to make trees exclusive to Christmas, and I'm going to do my best to right this injustice, and free the trees.



Easter Branch Bouquet

I'm going to make a trip to the 99p store and some charity shops this weekend (I'm classy like that) to pick up the crafting necessities, so I'll post back when I've done so. Let me know if you're decorating or easter, and I'd love to hear any ideas you have. (Unless they're better than mine, obviously.)

2 comments:

  1. Lovely blog! I love your blog backdrop! It's very classy. You need to get a follower button so I can follow. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I drew it myself! I'll put a follow button on soon, good idea. x

      Delete