Saturday 14 February 2015

Indoor scavenger hunt




I, being both mature and sensible (that wasn't a joke, don't laugh) , do some babysitting occasionally. Admittedly, it is primarily for my brother and sister, but it's still pretty miraculous that my parents trust me with them. On the up side, I do work for my money, so last time I baby sat them I made an indoor treasure hunt. Okay, so I stole their teddies for motivation, but they still had (slightly terrifying- I was posing as 'the mysterious bandersnatch') fun. These are the clues that I used in case you want to be as adored as moi, and I've included the answers in case you don't have the same brain power as my seven year old sister.

Keep it clean and keep it dry.
Can you guess? Come on, just try!
Washing machine

Flour and sugar and coffee and tea,
I keep these handy but hard to see.
Pots, which store these.

Without me you'd have no fresh food.
So come chill with me - don't be rude!
Fridge 

I never get angry but I do get hot.
I'm the perfect place for a pan or a pot.
The top of an oven or stove

I'm hungry! I'm hungry! Please feed me a slice.
I'll spit it back out all brown and nice.
A toaster (This one's my favourite)

I'm mostly filled with things that rarely bring you glee
like bills, and junk, and other stuff you'd rather never see. 
A letter box

Communicate with family, research, shop, and play games.
Since we spread around the globe, your lives have really changed. 
A computer


Be the first back to the room where this hunt did begin
If you're the first you'll hear the words, "Congrats, to you... YOU WIN!" 

Of course you don't put these in the places that they mean, you keep clue one, then put the second clue wherever the answer to the first is, and so on.  I gave out sweets at the end, because it's all part of my cunning plan to make my families teeth fall out, and then I can make my fortune selling them on ebay for uses in strange chinese medicines.

Anyway, this is great if it's raining outside or there's been an apocalypse and you can't go out or your face will be eaten off

No comments:

Post a Comment