Saturday 7 February 2015

Tardis Mason jar



What could be better than a mason jar? Sweet, nostalgic (for old people I guess) and cheap, the mason jar is a timeless classic etc. But now, introducing THE NEW AND IMPROVED....
TARDIS JAR!!!!!
Yes, folks. That is four exclamation marks you're looking at right there. Read it and weep. 
Some people may be wondering what is so special about this. Did I just take a jar and paint it mostly blue? Is it all a huge con? Well, yes I suppose so. But it's part of a fandom, so I still win. Also, it's all about inspiration, guys. You heard it here first.

 You will need:

  • A mason jar
  • Blue acrylic paint
  • White acrylic paint
  • Black acrylic paint
  • A paint brush
  • A pen or pencil
  • A varnish, if you like 

First coat your entire jar in white paint. You could use a stupidly small brush for this, like me, if you like. I did two coats of paint, as well as painting the lid, but my paint is kind of awful.



Next, draw on the design in pencil. I found that it was easiest to divide up the pot into quarters first to make sure that the sides are (more or less) equal. I then divided up the side into four bits to show the panels of the tardis.
                                                    
When you've completed the design once you get to do it all over again - three times!! YAY!! (And yes, I know my drawing is unbelievably beautiful, but there we are. We can't all basically be architects.)

Next, paint blue around the markings, leaving the panels white. (You can colour them blue too if you want it to technicaly be correct, but then you can see them that well, so I left them) . Next, paint all the lines in black, using sharpies for the fine lines in the windows, if you like. For the Police Box sign I used Tipex, because as I said before, my white paint isn't up to much. After that, you're done! Ain't it gorgeous!?? (yes, it is.)



No comments:

Post a Comment